Subject: [Leica] R8 vs Dx1
From: Craig Semetko <csemetko@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:29:36 -0800

> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:31:52 -0500
> From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
> Subject: RE: [Leica] RE:  Leica R8 vs. Nikon D1x
> Mehrdad inexplicably wrote:
> not only i did not find it offensive, but i also share the same feeling. the
> r8 feels much better than d1x in hand; the feeling of holding an r8 is
> something very special. remember he could have promoted nikon. but nigel is
> a leica man, (he was so before when he was at samy's). most importantly he
> needs our support. in this tough economy, he is following his dream and
> finally opened his own store which specialize on leica stuff. as far as i
> know he is the only place in town that rents leica. so get off his case,
> commend him for what he is done and support him.
>
> - --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I guess this says it all - get off his case and support him because he sells
> Leicas.
>
> I don't care what he sells. And I find it pretty astounding the number of
> people who are missing the quite obvious point of my initial post - I don't
> believe the LUG is a place for dealers - who may also be shooters - to offer
> camera comparisons when they are touting what they are selling.
>
> Can you say CONFLICT OF INTEREST, boys and girls?
>
> B. D.

Hey, B.D. RELAX!

Conflict of interest? What is this, Enron? I think your years of
investigative reporting have gotten the best of you. Not everyone has
ulterior motives, you know. Nigel is just a guy who LOVES the R8! He also
loves shooting. His post was nothing more than an observation. You will call
me naive but I KNOW HIM.

You post pictures of people for us to see. You also sell pictures of people.
Should we therefore assume your pictures are advertisements for your "Day In
The Life" documentary photography business? Of course not. You are simply
contributing to the forum. As was Nigel.

Give the guy a break. If you want to investigate someone's motives, go after
Ken Lay.

Craig