Subject: Re: [Leica] .... hood....
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:55:59 -0800 (PST)

There is no good reasons that I could think of in
redesigning the round hood into rectangular other than
perhaps vanity. However, by doing that, there is a
very high percentage of rectangular hoods that looks
loop-sided (not aligned properly) when attached to the
lens. While a round hood has no geometrical
misalignment, a rectangular hood sure compounds the
problem. The lens, bayonet mount, the indentation on
the lens AND the rectangular hood must all be aligned
properly. Under observation of all my friends
rectangular hoods, they all have this misalignment
problem and to me its an eye-sore.