Subject: Re: [Leica] Photography Web Site Problems
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:00:42 -0600

on 1/25/02 8:21 AM, Brian Reid at reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> What is wrong is that you are using FrontPage.
>
> If you use FrontPage, this is going to happen to you. Microsoft has a
> stratgic goal of making sure that everyone feels obligated to use Microsoft
> products for everything, and the more people who create web sites that can
> be viewed only on Windows systems with Microsoft browsers, the happier they
> are. It is possible to manipulate FrontPage so that it produces web sites
> that can be seen on non-Microsoft systems, but it's more trouble than it's
> worth. If you want your web site to be universal, viewable by anybody, you
> must let go of this notion of using FrontPage to do it.
>
> Netscape composer is free and adequate. Most alternatives to FrontPage cost
> money. I use Dreamweaver and GoLive. YMMV.

I don't quite believe that. I can see some photos under Amandas link, I'm on
a mac. I made the two sites I'm running now with FP and could always see the
photos on my Mac. I now use DW as well but FP never gave me much hassle. It
just want to add all kinds of crap into your web folder that I don't need ;)
- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com