Subject: Re: [Leica] Alfie's January 26th PAW...BD
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:19:12 -0600

<<Alfie, you have to give much, much more thought to what you shoot - at
least
you do if you are planning to post the images>>

If I have any complaints about the PAW it is summed up in this extraction
from B.D.'s post to Alfie regarding his post for the week.

First of all, Alfie can post whatever the hell he wants. And who is B.D. to
say Alfie didn't give a heck of a lot of thought to this image even before
he posted it? Who made B.D. the judge-god-almighty of what should and
shouldn't get posted to a PAW?

B.D. goes further in his mean-spirited (I can't help but think he thought it
might be interpreted as mean spirited since he writes << I don't want to be
mean - honest - >>) letter to say Alfie is shooting like a child with
his/her first camera in that Alfie is shooting everything in sight. So the
hell what????? How do you think a person is supposed to learn? I'm more than
certain that HCB, Eugene Atget, Walker Evans and all the others didn't start
out shooting masterpieces when they first pulled their cameras out of the
box. Photography is art and becoming good at it takes time...and practice.
Why in the world would a fellow photographer begrudge another the right to
shoot (and POST) whatever in the world he/she wants.

I am appalled.
Lea