Subject: RE: [Leica] picking pockets with an M
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:44:32 -0500

To me it is two different techniques for two different types of photography.
When a photographer is being paid to document an event, I agree that keeping
the camera to one's face is a good technique.  But on the street where one's
purpose is not nearly so clear, the "quick draw" technique works well.

Even HCB appears to have kept the camera to his eye more when he was in a
more photojournalist type mode, per these shots of him in action during a
NYC parade:

http://www.frankpaulin.com/hcbressonfiles/images/Cartier-Bresson-4.jpg

http://www.frankpaulin.com/hcbressonfiles/images/Cartier-Bresson-5.jpg

BK