Subject: RE: [Leica] What's it all about? Alfie's Paw
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:19:12 -0600

My suggestions to Alfie:

The PAW is a Photo-A-Week. Suggestions made here this week won't improve
next week's PAW because you've already posted your PAWs for weeks up to
March, 2002.

Don't tell us what we are supposed to be thinking or seeing when we are
looking at your images. If something is ironic, we'll understand that. If
something seems surrealistic, hopefully we'll see that too. If you have to
tell us what we are thinking when we look at your images, it's a bit like a
mime saying out loud "now I'm trapped in a box, now I'm pulling a piece of
rope" etc. When people post humorous pictures, none of them say "you are
supposed to laugh when you see this".

Keep in mind that having a Leica does not substitute for good technique.
Everyone has to start at the bottom and work their way up. I didn't own a
Leica until I was 51 years old.

If you don't think something is worthy of posting for the entire world to
see, go back out and shoot more images. I didn't let anyone see my first 100
rolls of images because I wasn't good enough at that point to be displaying
things publically.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA