Subject: RE: [Leica] William Albert Allard
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 10:18:45 -0700

Isn't his work (tied to the book) on show right now (soon?). Leica Gallery.

Yep Bill Allard is a great colour shooter (and, often, Leica user..). One of
my sources of inspiration.

At a workshop, one of the other students, acolyte like, (not me,
thankfully...)and so overawed by one of his pix  asked him how did he manage
to catch it, the colour, the shadows, the different elements. He thought for
a moment, sucked on his unlit pipe and in his gruff gravelly voice said;
"well, it's easy really... it's magic" - to appreciative guffaws from the
rest of us.

Tim A