Subject: [Leica] Re: Starbucks and Misinformation
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:28:46 -0500

Let's put this in perspective. It has never been demonstrated that
Bovine is in any way harmful to humans. All of the bad press is due to
greenie hysteria. It would be difficult for Starbucks to get milk at a
fair price not containing traces of Bovine because it is so widely used
in the dairy industry. Starbucks offers a soya milk substitute if the
dairy product is a problem.

Starbucks pays fair-market prices for its coffee, and has initiated a
program to help small coffee growers.

The suit against cartoonist Kieron Dwyer was for copyright infringement.
Protecting a copyrighted image against vulgar portrayal is hardly the
stuff "corporate giant" conspiracies are made from.

Starbucks has been boycotted and protested against by everyone from
organic farmers to homosexual groups because they have deep pockets.

I feel secure while having a cup of Starbucks' coffee that I'm not
helping crush the down-trodden, faceless masses.

Allan