Subject: Re: [Leica] Rowell's PAW #4
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:28:22 -0600

on 1/28/02 11:30 AM, Steve Rowell at steverowell@yahoo.com wrote:

> This was Neopan 1600, XTol 1:1. I seem to be having trouble controlling high
> contrast scenes. I
> might try increasing dilution a bit and see if that helps. I think my
> agitation is fairly gentle.
> I need to make a wet print to make sure it's not just a scanning/PS issue.
> Fill flash probably
> would help a lot.

>> I don't think this shot works this way. Not something easy to deal with
>> either. Very bright MGR lights in the BG and dark riders and horses...hmmm.
>> What was your shooting speed? If it were me I'd try a longer shutter speed
>> depending on what you were at already. A fill flash to freeze a long blur
>> would be interesting too (if you had a flash)...

Hey Steve,

I'm having bad luck with Neopan 1600 as well in ALL situations :(

I will be trying the 1:3 for the next few rolls as well. Scanning just makes
the negs look worse than they already are AFAI can tell. I will try some
gentle agitation as well. Do you do 5 every 30 sec or 10 every 60 sec...??
- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com