Subject: Re: [Leica] starbucks situation
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:22:45 -0800

Dan Post wrote:

> Mark-
> Rosebud and I always stay at Hampton Inns or Holiday Inn Express because
> they all seem to have a coffe makers in the room!!! Smile at the maid and
> tip her a buck- she'll leave extra coffee!!
> On top of that- they have a 'Continental Breakfast"- read: coffee and
> cinnamon rolls, gratis in the lobby area!!
> Rosebud and I have to have our coffee fix, and sugar shakes to get started
> in the AM!
> Dan ( No, the facial tic is normal for this time of day!!!) Post

Dan I like much stronger coffee than you do it seems.
I think if you like real strong coffee it has to be better than average
quality or it just tastes real bad.
Starbucks is slightly above average quality by the way.

When i drink "coffee" i have them put a shot of espresso in it so it
tastes like the kind i make.

Some call it café Americano.

I use beans from Terrefaziones.
That's real good quality.

But they were bought out by "Seattles Best." The Red coffee giant in Seattle.
But they seem to have retained most of their Italian integrity.
The green one in Seattle being Starbucks.

I believe the war between these two red and green gods from the north is
representative of the great battle of the gods in the sky.
Mars and Venus the archtype gods who are also red and green respectively.

Mars won but i dont think this is going to happen in Seattle.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] starbucks situation)