Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: LTM neg spacing
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:35:44 -0700

Of course the lens makes a difference. His Jupiter 12 and my old 21/3.4SA
have rear elements about 2 microns (exaggeration for effect) from the film
plane. Light coming out if the rear element is practically going sideways
and this gives a bigger exposed area on the negative. The closer you move to
a window, the more of the sides of the room you can see.

John Collier