Subject: [Leica] R8 battery contacts
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:16:58 -0500

Is there a "best" way to clean R8 battery contacts.  Battery failure
occurred much sooner than I expected.  I put in fresh ones and still got the
flashing low battery symbol.  I removed the fresh ones and noted that the
two silver contacts, which touch the gold spring-loaded prongs, look a bit
dull and discolored.  Anyway I pushed the gold pins in and out and then
replaced the new batteries.  The camera show a "full" battery now.  I would
like to clean the silver-looking things that touch the gold, but am
reluctant to get rubber bits from a pencil eraser in the camera.  Any good
way to clean the silver spots?  Or any other suggestions?

Incidentally, the old batteries still give me the low battery reading.

As always, thanks..............Julian