Subject: [Leica] Cappuccino makers/microcontrast
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:33:07 -0800

Well B.D.,

it is very seldom that I contribute to trivia, be it Leica trivia or
otherwise.
I too tend to be annoyed by the volume of chatter, but we have to admit it,
the LUG, aside of being a great resource for photographic information and
technical exchange, it is also a chat room for people who have or like
things Leica and many other subjects. It is also a place to keep in touch
with others who may need to express themselves. Yes, there are more
appropriate fori for off-topic subjects, but the LUG is more civilized.

There has not been a Leica thread in a while.
Some time ago a member asked what "microcontrast" is. No one responded (at
least I don't recall a reply), I wanted to respond but, like the inquirer, I
don't have the faintest idea what microcontrast stands for.
So let me ask the same question, what is microcontrast?

Now, where did I leave my Cuba libre?

Joe

From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>

Okay, I am in a REALLY cranky mood, having loaded up on steroids to fight a
bad asthma siege. But...Doesn't anyone else here find it surprising, perhaps
shocking, maybe appalling, or even down right revolting, that this damn list
can be jammed up for going on three days with totally inane chatter about
cappuccino makers and Starbucks, but everyone seems to have their nits in a
twit because there are "too many" posts relating to the PHOTOGRAPHS that
list members post?

Think about, folks.

This isn't a photography list - it's a consumerism list:
Cappuccino makers, Starbucks, Tilly hats, Mephisto shoes, high-priced
Scotch, coffee brands, BMWs, Mercedes, blah blah blah blah. Oh yah, and Red
Dots.

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Microcontrast)
Reply from "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com> ([Leica] microcontrast)