Subject: [Leica] Winter in GA
From: David Degner <ddegner@morris.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:31:47 -0500

I had another chance to scan my photos this week so I lay them here at your
feet to be praised or torn to shreds, which ever they deserve.

The first one is my favorite, as always I lost shadow detail when I scanned
so pretend the guy in the middle stands out a little more.
http://www.geocities.com/david_degner/gallery/winter_1.html

The second one I don't like as much, maybe its too convoluted, I always
have trouble critiquing this type of stuff.
http://www.geocities.com/david_degner/gallery/winter_2.html

The third and fourth, I am looking for some advice for simple portraits.  A
friend asked me to take her picture so that she could give a huge print to
her boy friend.  I can already count my mistakes, 1) I used my brutally
sharp 50 ASPH Summicron. 2) I did it in undiffused sunlight.  3)Why does
everyone use trees? thats so unoriginal.  4)Half of my shots had a sapling
growing out of her head 5) One there was an single branch which cast its
shadow in a craggy line across her face.  I did try in the final print to
place her face on the 1/3 cross section and they aren't as contrasty.

If you can think of anything else I should change please tell me so that I
will know for next time.
http://www.geocities.com/david_degner/gallery/winter_3.html
http://www.geocities.com/david_degner/gallery/winter_4.html

Thanks