Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW wk5/sl
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:34:55 -0800

On 2/1/02 at 11:50 AM, icommag@toad.net (Steve LeHuray) thoughtfully wrote:

> Pigeon Lady feeds the pigeons:
>
> http://www.streetphoto.net/paw2002/paw2wk5.html

I like the pigeons in flight - but the most important part of this photo, the
woman actually feeding the pigeons, is lost in the background clutter. Because
she is in profile and not isolated from the background the strong lines formed
by the park benches are almost lost. My eye travels back and then just sort of
wanders around because there's not quite enough of her to make me ponder so I
end up looking at bird wings, which while fascinating in themselves, don't make
a strong enough photo because they are too far away.

Thank you for sharing!

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] PAW wk5/sl)