Subject: [Leica] posing for portraits (was Re: Winter in GA)
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:05:14 -0600

B.D.:

>This is THE UGIEST, MOST HORRIFYING, REVOLTING crap
>that ever crept into the front window of a 9th rate "portrait studio"/Kodak
>store in the smallest of small town America. :-( :-(
>
>Give me a Holga shot taken by a blindman on acid over this crap!!!

Don't hold back.  How do you really feel?  :)

I thought it was a good start.  I haven't finished looking at the entire
site, but seems to go over the "basics"...  Without knowing how to make a
cheesy knockoff portrait where everybody looks the same, how do you know
which rules to break?

That's a problem I face.  I don't know much about portraits.  It's more
trial and error to see what works and what doesn't.  I'm not convinced that
the posing section is so horrible.  Get somebody in a decent pose, combine
that with Ted's "shoot from the shadow side," and I think half the battle is
won.

What's wrong with this line of thinking?

Eric

Replies: Reply from Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com> ([Leica] Got SOOPD?)
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Re: Winter in GA)