Subject: Re: [Leica] Light meter (was Stared down by subject of street photo)
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 21:57:24 -0800

I have a Luna Pro Digital right here beside me, along with the manual.  The
way it works is that after two minutes of no button being pushed, it turns
itself off.  Then,

- - If you press any button *except* the M button, the previous reading is
recalled.
- - If you press the M button, it takes a new reading.

That's what the manual says, and that's how mine behaves.  This is not to
say that the Starlight might not behave differently.  Douglas, I suggest
reading your manual carefully.  Judging from the phrasing in mine, it tends
toward precision at the expense of clarity!

If you don't have a manual, try looking on the Gossen web site. Or contact
the U.S. distributer, Bogen Photo.

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA