Subject: RE: [Leica] natural war
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:14:03 -0500

Well, George, I am absolutely NOT going to get into a p*****g match with
you...;-)....I too hope that one of these days humankind comes to its senses
and we have a world without racism, sexual abuse, serial killing, flying
airplanes into buildings, and war. HOWEVER, I would argue that serial
killing is a perversion, not a natural state or activity, and flying
airplanes into buildings is an extremely rare and bizarre behavior. Racism,
unfortunately, seems pretty natural and obviously has a great deal to do
with fear of the different, and the ugly human need to look down on another
person or group - and sexual abuse is, I suppose, failure of societal
taboos.

Anyway, it would be nice if we could eliminate all these ills, natural or
otherwise.

But, hey, someone has nominated George W. Bush and Tony Blair for the Nobel
Peace Prize for waging war on terrorism and bringing peace to the world.
Guess I must have missed the day they accomplished the later. ;-)