Subject: Re: [Leica] Quality of Tri Elmar compared to fixed lenses
From: Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 07:59:34 -0600

See  "Leica Lens Compendium" by Erwin Puts, page 135 where he states as
follows:

    As a general conclusion one may say that the performance is
outstanding when compared to the current 28, 35 and 50  mm
    lenses at their 1:4 setting, and like it or not, the Tri Elmar is
 BETTER than most of the previous generations of the 28,35,
    and 50 mm Leica lenses.

I  relied on this review when I bought the new version. Otherwise , I
would never have bought the lens. I do no like to compromise the quality
of the  35 and 50 I already own