Subject: RE: [Leica] Strange, disturbing occurence....
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:06:33 -0500

> I guess this is 9.11 fallout.  But I'm pissed.
> Jeff

I don't believe it's 9.11 fallout at all.  Typically, "Security guards" have
had an over inflated sense of self worth ever since their inception.  My
guess is, the SGs aren't really smart enough to know the laws (or they
probably wouldn't be security guards in the first place), and the companies
they work would prefer these guys "overstep" their legal bounds anyway...

Call J&J and ask to speak to their head of security and (respectfully and
nicely) tell him/her what happened, and ask why you were hassled, when it IS
a public street and there is no law that says you can't take pictures there,
of anything you can see.

Austin