Subject: RE: [Leica] P******g Pyrenees
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:27:45 -0500

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "BOB KRAMER" <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 9:59 AM

: Poodles are cool dogs, no doubt about it.  Did you guys know that
(according
: to most lists) one of the smartest, if not the smartest, breeds are the
: poodle breeds.  My dogs' breed ain't far behind, and sometimes I think
they
: are the ones training me!  lol!  If I didn't have dobies, I would have a
: standard poodle, even with all the hair.
:

Allegedly, during the Vietnam era, the army was looking for a new crop of
dogs for use in combat. After extensive testing it was determined that the
Standard Poodle was the most easy breed to train to do virtually anything,
as well as to "detrain" afterwards. The problem was, however, that they
brass figured that NO ONE was going to take a Poodle seriously as an attack
dog.;-) (Which, if course means that none of the "brass" had ever been on
the wrong end of a pissed off 80 lb standard Poodle.) Anyway, I believe they
went with the Shepard, which, along with the Dobbie, is right up there in
doggie IQ land.

B. D.

: > From: B. D. Colen [mailto:bdcolen@earthlink.net]
: > Subject: RE: [Leica] natural war
: >
: > I'll try to find some scans and throw 'em up.;-)
: >