Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT: Peli cases for M6 kit
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 11:16:28 -0800

Simon Lamb wrote:

> I am travelling over the next few months and, with the increased airline
> security, I wish to purchase a hard case for my M6 equipment in case it
> needs to go in the hold.
>
> Does anyone have experience of using the Peli cases which I understand are
> just about indestructible?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Simon

I have my Leica gear in a Pelican 1520 case. I've heard they're far from
indestructible But that's where they are!
I have my Viso setup in a separate 1400 case.
I like the foam. I like knowing for sure where every thing is.
I'm sure the whole thing would melt it you put a match under it.
Smell bad too.

Mine are black. I think the orange and grey are atrichous. I've only had
them a short while. We'll see how they work out.
I'm getting real good with the foam.
I'd like to put my whole life in Pelican cases!
Like Maxwell smart!
Have one for my toothbrush and toothpaste at the club!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> ([Leica] Slightly OT: Peli cases for M6 kit)