Subject: SV: SV: [Leica] OT> PayPal update
From: "DUNCAN" <0709433420@euromail.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:21:19 +0100

Problem was, they already tried to "go global" and seriously messed up.
That's why poor folks like me could not retrieve their shekels all of a
sudden....;-(
It would be nice too, if these guys would first learn to take care of the
customers they have before they throw themselves on the world at
large....answering emails is rather an integral part of running an
e-business, wouldn't you say.....:-(

- -Duncan

Paypal serves a niche in a market for small amounts to
be transferred online quickly. However, I think going
IPO for fund-raising with the intend of going global
is stretching it a bit. By the way, I don't see big
business using their service unless they change the
way they charge business. For example, I have my own
business and they charge over 3% on the transaction
total for basically just doing money transfer. Is not
like credit card companies where they have to pay for
you upfront.