Subject: Re: [Leica] AE lock on R4?
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 23:12:07 -0500

I don't have my R4 instructions with me right now, but if I remember
correctly, you depress the shutter button until the round LED goes out, then
hold the shutter button at that position, and the camera will hold your spot
metering for about 20 seconds or until you actually make the exposure.

When you recompose before shooting, the exposure LED's will react to the
changing light and look as if you have lost your spot measurement,  but the
actual exposure will be based on your original measurement (provided you
have maintained the shutter button in its partly depressed state with the
red circle extinguished.)

I will be glad to recheck my instruction book in the AM, if necessary.

Regards...........Julian