Subject: Re: [Leica] focus tabs/another newbie...
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 09:16:50 -0700

Every time I send my cameras into Gerry at Kindermann, he always phones with
the estimate and then informs me, in a voice heavily foreshadowing doom,
that there is nothing he can do about the terrible cosmetic condition of my
camera. There is absolutely no way it would even occur to him that you might
just scratch up the focusing ring and glue it on. The only way he would do
it is to disassemble the lens and drill the appropriate holes. Big bucks to
do! He is one of the best Leica techs on the planet and he does not bodge
things up; a source of great comfort to me and why I send all my work to
him. So this is where the you in Leica-Users comes in. You do the bodging
and let Gerry do the soft weeping.

John Collier

PS: a zip tie does a pretty good job as well and you can take it off if you
have to send it in. That will keep your Leica tech's tissue bills down.