Subject: Re: [Leica] focus tabs/another newbie...
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 13:17:11 -0400

John:

Gerry has done the CLA's on all my cameras including and M6.  Kindermann
has a fair price and very quick service.

Gerry seems far from a collector.  A few times I have sent him lenses or
cameras and he has told me it is really not worth spending the time and
money on such an old lens or camera.  He is right most of the time.  I sent
him an old fixed mount 50mm Summicron that had coating marks and was
slightly fogged.  he told me not to waste my money cleaning it and to just
find a better lens.  I have since sold that lens to a local collector who
is willing to go to the effort of getting it cleaned.  For about what I
sold the lens for and what I would have paid for a cleaning, I have bought
a like new latest version chrome 50mm Summicron on Ebay.  Most of my PAW
has been shot with this new lens.

Regards,

Robert

Regards,