Subject: Re: [Leica] re: putting a focusing tab on a lens
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 17:40:11 -0400

Kyle may have hit on something.  I took all my modern Leica lenses that
have focus tabs and set them with the tap straight down.  This is the six
o'clock position as Kyle described below.  They are all focused at four
feet in this position.  The lenses were the 24mm ASPH, 35mm Summicron ASPH,
and the last version of the 50mm Summicron which was fitted with a tab.

I wonder if all the modern lenses with the focus tabs are at four feet when
the tab is in the six o'clock position?

Regards,

Robert