Subject: [Leica] Re: "Ideal format?"
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 01:32:36 -0500

I think the real question is why are paper sizes inflexible? 35mm never
fit on an 8X10 sheet. What's the most popular film size in the world?
What sense does it make to print the most popular film size, 35mm, on
odd sized paper?

4X6? Where did that come from. Minilabs are a recent enough that they
could have chosen to print 35mm full frame. Has Kodak, the company that
brings us different film formats every five or ten years, been asleep at
helm? Or is there something sinister going on?

Allan