Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW week 6
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 07:46:25 -0800

Eric wrote:
>>> I added a different crop to this week's paw:
> > http://canid.com/paw02.html
> Here's a direct link to the new version of the main image:
> http://canid.com/pics/jbm_rug_book8_crop2.jpg<<<<

Hi Eric,
The new crop is the best of the lot. And the best of the baby-mother posted.

You've caught the interaction of child's hand with mother's fingers, the
book, profiles and eyeline all go to-gether in creating an interesting
photograph.

An excellent example of "seeing the light and making it work" by picking the
right angle for best light effect.

Straightening the shot was a solid compositional correction because the sofa
and shades are just recognizable enough that if not corrected were an
annoyance to the viewer.

A very tiny nit-pick.. ;-) Put the image on screen, now hold a piece of
paper cropping off the little bit of blanket bulging-up including the
mother's foot sticking in lower right corner. It's a smidgen of an amount
but it cleans the bottom of the shot creating a solid "arm" base for
everything to sit on.

Well done and good use of the light.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited