Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital and lens resolution was Re: APD out
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 12:06:29 -0500

> I will re-read the white paper.....  but I will admit to being very biased
> away from believing current state of the art optics must be effectively
> de-tuned to work optimallly with digital sensor systems.
>
> Frank Filippone

Hi Frank,

Yeah, I completely understand!  Even though I have done quite a bit of work
in the digital imaging industry for over 25 years, I was skeptical at first
too!  I have always had optical and sensor engineers who worked on that part
of the equation.  Some years ago I became interested in this specific area
of image capture, so I, obviously, had to do some research and
experimentation and try to understand why this phenomenon existed...and it
IS a for real issue.

Regards,

Austin