Subject: Re: [Leica] Backdoor paint
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:28:56 -0600

>From the subject line I'd recommend a good Sherwin-Williams latex in the
satin finish but after reading the post I wonder if an alkyd/oil base metal
paint from a car shop (or you might try a hobby shop) wouldn't be the way to
go. Get the freshest you can find and apply a couple of thin coats with a
small brush. You don't say how bad the scrape is but it may be that you
could 'fill in' the area and bring it up to the level of the surrounding
paint...thus hiding the repair. You might want to do a light sanding before
you begin to give the area tooth.

If the paint you want is only available in a spray can you can still use
it...just spray it out into a old butter tub and have at it.

Good luck.
Lea (who used to paint for a living and has done several touch up jobs on
her car. Did I tell you I have a teen-age driver?)