Subject: RE: [Leica] Hookers, quality and satisfaction
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 15:38:45 -0500

Hi, Kim - First off, I find it far more than a stretch to use the
anti-Semitism, racism, analogy, but so be it...

Yes, the joke was silly and, a bit tasteless, and there were any number of
analogies that could have been used without being silly or offensive. But
the post came from someone who is 72-years-old, and from everything I've
seen and heard over several years - including personally spending time with
him - is one of the kindest, most well-meaning people on this list.

Given the real nastiness that at times flies back and forth here - ad
hominum attacks, etc. - I'd say the "offense" in question is pretty mild,
and, as I said, if anyone takes personal offense, they can certainly speak
up - perhaps off-list directly to the poster.

And, yes, as you noted, it is interesting how well versed some people are on
the subject. Although I'm more intrigued by certain people getting picking
up the joke and beating it to death, than I am by the original "joke."

B. D.