Subject: [Leica] Foveon Chip
From: "Dr. Elliot Puritz" <drpuritz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:55:22 -0500

Very interesting...indeed, revolutionary, product discussed in The NYTimes
business section today.  Involves a new digital capture chip, Foveon,
"...said to match 35 millimeter film."  I am not at all familiar with
digital but from the looks of this product one might really consider waiting
a year before buying a digital camera.  Additionally, the ability to capture
light seems to have such an advantage over past methods ( digital ) that for
the first time I really am wondering about the future of film  Of course,
film is here to stay for many more years.  Nevertheless, after reading the
article I suggest that many of us will begin to wonder very much more
seriously about Leica lenses and where our beloved tools will fit in over
the coming decade.  Interested in our digital experts collective opinions.

Elliot

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 6 -- it is Monday, so I must be in London...)