Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Foveon Chip
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:47:36 -0500

on 2/11/02 3:05 PM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:

> Well, Jim old man - actually I now working in public relations/marketing, so
> I know full well what marketing hype is all about. I also know that while
> certain people go on and on and on about how digital just can't cut it for
> various technical reasons, the output is getting better and better and
> better - to the point that many many people who are highly regarded in
> photography for shooting things other than rocks and trees to turn into
> 40x48 murals, have switched to digital. Perfect? Far far from it. And, as I
> noted, with the Foveon examples posted we are looking at images on our
> various monitors, not at prints.
Rocks and trees, is there some stigma to capturing nature?  And as far as
*those people* some very good ones wax over digital go look;
http://luminous-landscape.com/
Tools are tools, where have I heard this?  Hasselblad has a working
arrangement with Foveon.
I have used digital and like it.  If I could recover my costs in film
equipment I would not blink at using digital. My 40 years in making images
has not blinded me to changes along the way and this is just another change.
All I want are tools which allow me to create interesting images that
satisfy my clients.
Oh well, maybe Leica will team up with someone and produce a useful
professional tool...the M83?

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander