Subject: RE: [Leica] Nikon 200mm f/2 vs Leica 180mm f/2
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:02:09 -0500

I've never handled the Nikkor 200/2 (they're a bit scarce), but a couple of years
back I did a comparison of motorized R6.2 with Leica 180/2 vs. Canon EOS-1 with
200/1.8. Not only was the Leica outfit MUCH easier to focus (Canon on MF, natch), the
whole rig balanced so well that I do believe the 180/2 is hand-holdable if one is
reasonable sturdy of limb. The Canon outfit was an unwieldy beast by comparison.

I imagine hand-holding & focussing the 180/2 with the motorized R8 would be a dream.
Having said that, I believe Erwin has praised the 180/2.8 APO very highly and it's
worth a serious look.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal