Subject: [Leica] Re: Salgado Revisted
From: Allan Wafkowski <allan@sohogurus.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:02:19 -0500

Let me try again:

He composes well, and he prints well (if he does his own printing). His
subject matter borders on the maudlin. If you have seen 10 of his
bloated bellies, you have seen the range of his work. His philosophy is
foolish, and when he uses his camera for propaganda it reflects the
foolishness of this philosophy. He's the champion of parlor radicals
because they too are foolish. Foolish in this case means making note of
social ills and offering even greater ills as solutions. If Salgado had
not joined his photography closely with his social thought, I would not
have. He did, I must too, to properly evaluate his work. How you are
able to evaluate the two separately is beyond me.

Allan

Replies: Reply from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Salgado Revisted)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Salgado Revisted)
Reply from "Matthew Powell" <mlpowell@directvinternet.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Salgado Revisted)