Subject: RE: [Leica] Old Hassy lens
From: Phil Marcus <pmarcus@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:54:16 -0600

This really is a subject for the HUG, but here goes <OT>:

Other than the T* coatings, which will improve contrast under duress
(against the light), the more common lenses aren't any different than they
were 20 years ago.  Mamiya also has a 50 than has floating elements than
everyone forgets to adjust . . .

For me the old 'blad stuff is much cooler than the new stuff for the same
reason I like 20 year old Leica glass:  you can buy used lenses for less
than thirty cents on the dollar.  Look at eBay and compare the prices.  I
can live without the floating element just about as well as I have been
living without a 28mm ASPH.