Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses (slightly OT)
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:04:54 -0500

  Re:
Dans un courrier datÈ du 11/02/02 20:01:43 Jo Goodtimes
Ècrit :
Hello guys ,
Is the Nikon 50 / 2.8 a good performer or would I get sharper resultls
with another brand ?
What about using my 50 Summicron with an adapter , if it exists ?
To me this would be the ideal solution , to get the same quality level
all along the chain .
I have a durst 605 Color enlarger ( 24 x 36 )
Thanks

Jo Goodtimes , France
- - --
- --
I get pretty good results with the current 50/2.8 El Nikkor on my
Valoy II, but I'm sure there's always something better. Since I use
'50s vintage Leitz glass as well as 3rd party (CZJ, Schacht, JSK, and
even (gasp!) Kobalux and Cos/Voit), it probably doesn't matter.

Many years ago, I used my collapsible Summicron as an enlarging lens
(a non-collapsible 50 couldn't focus on the cheap enlarger I was
using at the time). It worked surprisingly well, but I'm sure any
descent enlarging lens would have been better--VERY bright image for
focusing though.

Bob Marvin