Subject: Re: [Leica] (OT) Agfa Graded Papers...
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:09:47 -0500

Let me tell you a story about Portriga Rapid.  In 1978 or 79 I bought a box
of 11x14 Portriga.  I don't make too many prints that size and there were a
lot of years in between then and now that I didn't print at all.  At some
point I noticed that the paper was fogged around the edges but I couldn't
bring myself to throw it out.  (You should never throw anything out, you
never know when you might need it!)

Well, last night I decided to give it a try.  I cut a few 8x10s out of the
middle and lo and behold IT'S STILL GOOD!  I don't know how good because I
was working with some uncooperative negatives but a clean image with no fog
is pretty amazing for 20+ year old paper that was never refridgerated.

So if anybody sees any of this stuff lying around, grab it up!  It will
never be found again.

Mike D