Subject: [Leica] newbie #3 continued
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:41:14 -0600

Allan wrote:
<<But, since the M6 is bottom
weighed, if you change camera orientation and the weighted portion of
the pattern is now reading a more bright or less bright area, you get a
different reading.>>

Eric and others wrote:
<<Take your lens off.  Look at the shutter curtain.  See the spot?  That's
the
meter area and pattern.  A simple circle.>>

I'm confused. One of these is most likely right. I'm inclined to think it's
Allan's because the meter reading changes when I rotate the camera but I am
aware of the circle on the shutter curtain.

So what's up with that? What's the purpose of the circle? Might that circle
be bottom-weighted? If not, what is weighted to cause the meter change?

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppp
pppp

Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press
Telephone 816-333-9111