Subject: Re: [Leica] Paul Fusco Leica Ace
From: Mike Gil <dtt2150@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:08:50 -0800 (PST)

Greg,

The genie got out way before 1945.  As the Neil Bohr
letters recently released concerning Heisenbergs going
full blast to develop nuclear weapons shows. That
human knowledge whether go or bad cannot be stopped.
We evolve more complex thoughts and ideas every day of
our existence.  One day we will figure out exactly how
the big bang was set in motion.  Whether we blow or
selves up first or whether the sun swallows up us only
god knows.

Einstein might had the idea of such a weapon first but
apparently he told Leo Szilard that he didn't find the
idea interesting.  Since Szilard is credited with
conceiving the nuclear chain reaction he must of
thought why Einstein did not persuse it further.  But
our evolution of knowledge is not held by one person.
Even though Einstein did not follow thru Szilard with
blind eyes patented his idea.  But latter found out he
was not alone only the first, maybe

I think you would be on a dangerous path for freedom
if you had a group of government officials censoring
university research departments.  But even then new
ideas would get out.

I think even in our new post "Bloody Tuesday"
environment most citizens are under the impression
that making a weapon of mass destruction is a secret.
I think the only reason there has not been a nuclear
attack from Mr. Laden is that he has not been able to
smuggle a weapon into the states.

I don't think he currently has the resources to make
one in our land. And shield it from our internal
monitoring system for radiation detection.

So I don't think our knowledge has or should have a
plug.

mike gil