Subject: Re: [Leica] Dichroic conversion
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 02:24:58 EST

In a message dated 2/13/02 6:02:02 PM, feli@d2.com writes:

<< Anyone know of a chart that can convert the Dichroic scale (0-170 steps)
of my Saunders/LPL 6700 in to multi contrast filtervalues for B/W
printing?

thanks,

feli >>

Feli,

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or if your question has
already been answered but here's what I got:

The filtration for printing B&W with VC papers is as follows:

Kodak

0=80Y

1=40Y

2=5M

3=30M

4=70M

5=130M

Ilford, Agfa, Forte, & All Others

0=90Y

1=45Y

2=20M

3=60M

4=125M

5=200M (with supplementary 30M CC gel filter)

Note:  I got this information from John Drew, who is the Technical Services
Manager for the Tiffen Company (who is the distributor for JPL/Saunders
enlargers) in the US.

I found a JPL 7452 dichro enlarger used, and Mr. Drew was EXTREMELY helpful
with documentation and support for the equipment....this was part of the info
he sent me in regards to my Saunders enlarger.

Email me if you'd like his email addy.

Hope this helps!

- --kim