Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Winder question
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:32:21 -0800 (PST)

Aram Langhans wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to put the R8 winder (NOT motor)
into a single shot mode?  ... <snip>

Aram,

Sorry to have to tell you this, but there is no provision for
single-shot mode with the Winder-R8. I also found it a nuisance
because, like you, I prefer to "follow through" rather than risk
jerking the camera by releasing the shutter button abruptly.

Incidentally, this is where I've found that the jerky operation of the
new Motor-M for the M6 comes in handy. It's much less likely that you
will inadvertantly take multiple shots; in fact, it's quite difficult!

Regards,

=====
Ray