Subject: [Leica] FS: Nikon F2A (Leica R mount modified)
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 05:55:47 +1100

After a camera stock-take for my yearly insurance renewal,
I have decided to sell my Leica-R modified Nikon F2A camera.

I used it with my 100 APO-Macro for close-ups until the Ms
bumped the R6.2 from VR shooting duty, which in turn took over
the 100 APO shots and thus bumped the F2A(R) into the camera
bag, where it has lain unused for 8 months now.

AFAIK it is the only one of its kind in the world - a fully
mechanical camera which mounts Leica R lenses and has true MLU,
a 10sec - 1/2000th titanium foil shutter and can use interchangeable
finders.  The down-side is you always shoot at working aperture.
The built-in meter in the DP-11 works in stop-down mode too (I
never used it and only just found this out!).

For more details about the R-mount conversion and photos of the
camera + various finders, see:

<http://nemeng.com/equipment/f2ar.html>

What's for sale:

* Body:
	Black Nikon F2A (#F2 7921xxx) with Leica R lens mount ring

* Finders:
	Nikon F2A DP-11 photomic
	Nikon DE-1 compact pentaprism
	Nikon DW-1 waist level

* Focus Screens:
	K (Maxwell Hi-Lux surface treated)
	G2 (scratched, but still clear)

* AS-1 flash hot-shoe coupling unit

Total Price = $US 830.00 (which includes insured airmail shipping)

And no I won't break this set up - all or nothing.

Everything is at least 20 years old, so none of this stuff
is mint.  But everything is in Ex to Ex+ condition and well
looked after by me.  The shutter speeds are accurate.  The
pentaprisms are all clear and free from de-silvering or yellowing.
The metering circuit in the DP-11 works, although you can only
use it in stop-down mode here.

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth

<http://4020.net>    -> photos, 360° panoramic vrs, sounds