Subject: Re: [Leica] TTL and Visoflex?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 19:31:02 -0700

I have used a Visoflex III and II on both older Ms and the TTL. I prefer the
Visoflex II for its instantaneous release and short arm travel (I sold the
Viso III). Using the Visoflex II on the TTL requires the "flat bottomed'
prism from the Visoflex III to clear the higher top plate. The shutter
release adjustment is VERY TIGHT and you can just get the mirror to release
before the shutter fires. I think I will modify the arm slightly to allow me
to set it up normally (1mm clearance). Just the other day I was using the
TTL/Viso with a bellows mounted Hektor optical unit to record packing damage
to some new furniture. A little slow but what is the hurry? I must admit
that I only use my 400/6.8 with my SL2. The handling in fast changing
situations is much easier with the SL2. When travelling though I prefer to
bring my Visoflex as then I only need to pack one type of camera.

John Collier