Subject: Re: [Leica] TTL and Visoflex?
From: Stephen Gandy <leicanikon@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:31:49 -0800

to me the easiest to use TTL camera with the Visoflex is the Cosina Voigtlander
Bessa T.

the metering is very easy to adjust because of the LED meter  readout on the back
edge of the top plate, much easier in fact than with any Leica M body which
requires you looking thru the Leica finder to adjust the meter.  (with the
possible exception of the M7 in AE mode, but I don't know if the Visoflex will fit
the M7).

Surprisingly, the T will mount either the Visoflex II, IIa or III WITHOUT any
modification of the release arm. All
you have to do is use the Abrahamsson Soft Release to take up the difference in
clearance between the arm and
the Bessa T's shutter release.     If you have a Viso II or IIa in screw mount,
just add the screw mount to bayonet mount adapter to mount it on the Bessa T.
pics of the T mounting a Visoflex  are at the bottom of this page on my site at
http://cameraquest.com/VCBT.htm

If you want more Bessa T info,  check out the new March 2002 issue of Popular
Photography for a "hands  on" review of the limited edition Bessa T Heliar 101
set, along with the 50/3.5 Heliar which Popular says "may be the best lens we have
ever tested."

Stephen Gandy