Subject: RE: [Leica] Vario-Elmarit-R 35-70/2.8 ASPH for sale
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:15:07 -0400

David:

It had great reviews.  For me it would have made a nice mate to the 105-280
I use.  Both having 77mm filters.  Much more common than the 60mm filters
on the 35-70 f4.  The filter does not rotate when the lens is
focused.  This is another plus when using polarizers.

Some of us use the R gear for scenic stuff on a tripod.  This lens combined
with the 105-280 or the 70-180 makes a very capable two lens outfit.

I would have bough one if they hadn't became so scarce so quickly.  I was
waiting for them to be out a few years and either drop in price or find a
used one.  They got discontinued so quickly, it ruined my plans.

Regards,

Robert