Subject: [Leica] Re: Repairs at Leica Luton (UK)
From: Gary Elshaw <godard@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 13:43:53 +1300

<snip>
>On the following morning(!), I
> received the vulcanite along with black wax, carefully packaged.
> His attention to detail impressed me. All without any charge.
> Mr Grissafi even took the time to write me a short letter explaining
> again the procedure. By the same night I had my M3 repaired and ready
> to go out on the streets again :-)
<snip>

I too would like to proudly raise my hand for Peter's work. I lost a
rangefinder window on my Leica III (are you listening Capetown!) and Peter
sent me one gratis from the UK to here in New Zealand. Next time I hit the
UK, Peter gets bought a very large bottle of single-malt. Nice guys are
still kicking in the 21st century, who would have thought?

Cheers,
Gary

"The cinema creates memory, television is in the business of fabricating
forgetfulness."

- -Jean-Luc Godard

OO
[_]<|