Subject: Re: [Leica] Susan Meiselas - photographer known to use Leicas on occassion - speaks at Wellesley
From: Roy Zartarian <rzartarian@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:09:15 -0500

Several years ago I had the opportunity to attend a Meiselas program in
central Connecticut.  It was a most enjoyable and enlightening experience.
While the slides included her early work, much of the program centered on her
then recently completed documentation of the Kurds as they were caught
between expulsion from Iraq and repression in Turkey.

I chatted briefly with her at the reception following the program.  True to
LUG custom I asked about equipment. She admitted to using Canon but added
that she'd never give up her M6.

As souvenirs of the evening, I have an autoraphed copy of her book
"Kurdistan" along with a brief note and signature on her page of "75 Years of
Leica Photography."

So, LUGs, if she's speaking in your area, go! You won't regret it.

Roy

On Friday 15 February 2002 12:36 pm, B. D. Colen wrote:
> Took my MIT class on a roadtrip out to Wellesley last night for a slide
> show, talk, by Susan Meiselas, she of "Carnival Stripper" and "Nicaragua"
> fame, in particular.
>
> Needless to say many of the images, some of which are by now iconic, were
> quite wonderful, but in addition to showing many examples of her work from
> the past 30 years, she made the following interesting remarks/points:

[snip]