Subject: Re: [Leica] looks like personal attack time, I am game!
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 20:29:20 -0500

> Austin Franklin wrote:
>>
>> > Jim,
>> >
>> > You know, just because you don't have what it takes to make the money to
>> > buy a nice car, don't knock those that do.
>> >
>> > Sam
>> >
>> > P.S.  I DO own a Leica, along with Nikon, Hasselblad, Linhof, and
>> > Sinar.
>>
>> Sam,
>>
>> I must say, one thing money can't buy...class...obviously.

Sam Carleton:

> Austin,
>
> As an fyi I am not the one that started this, but it truly is enjoyable
> to read all your responces.  jim Shulman started it with a comment about
> wasting money on nice cars.

Well Sam I am a car guy and have several nice German and Italian cars but I
certainly respect peoples right to think that spending excessive money on a
car is a big waste. I would certainly never let some comment like Jim's
bother me. Sure many of us have worked hard to attain the 'good' things in
life. But having a fancy car is no proof on ones worth. Steve Forbes, for
example, drives a beat up, old Buick station wagon.

> I find it interesting the BD quoted the first sentance of my PS but did
> not have the guts to post the last sentence.

I think that editing a mail is economy of bandwith.

> Here is what was left off
> for those of you who missed it: "I do believe I have a great deal to
> show for my hard work, along with images:
> http://w3.one.net/~carleton/dayinyourlife.html  Do your images compare?"

B.D. did you a favor by leaving the above inflammatory remark off.

> The quesiton applies to ALL who critisize me on this matter.

Criticize you?? Oi vey! You must be sweet to be around.

> I have the
> equipment, but I also have the ability to justify the equipment.

I looked at your rather average pictures and I thing you need lots of
improvement. Which once again proves it is not the fancy equipment, it is
the minds eye that makes great photos. I was really expecting much more
considering your ridiculous statement that your's are better than Jim's even
though you have'nt seen his.

> Sam Carleton
> Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Sam, you seem to be a newcomer here, please take some time to listen and
learn before taking on the whole LUG.

sl